Oh my, what a prompt! I'm afraid that there are way too many things that I've begun and left half finished. The process of beginning something is not difficult for me; it's the completion that's often a challenge.
But on a much deeper level, this past year has marked the beginning of so many things. In March, I got married to the most amazing, loving man; my soul mate, my true North. I am constantly in awe of the life I share with him. It was a beginning for me that has made every moment of hardship and challenge worth it so that we could step out in to the universe and find each other. In June, I lost my job of nearly 7 years. I was in desperate need of that ending. Even though I struggle with my path on the job search, I know that the door to my old job shut so that I could experience a new beginning. And it WILL come. This past year also found me dealing with my children in new and challenging ways. My son turned 13 and my daughter became an alien right before my eyes. With all of this in mind, I'd like to begin the following:
1. I'd like to begin looking at my job search in a new way. I'd like to really embrace the process and stop limiting my search based on the ways I used to see myself. I am dynamic, intelligent, caring and creative. I want to focus in on my best qualities.
2. I'd like to begin helping my son be the best he can be. Now that he's a teenager with Asperger's, the need to guide him is becoming even more important. He's so smart and capable and independent. I'd like to help him prepare for the "real world".
3. I'd like to begin to find ways to communicate better with my daughter. She's a lot like her father and that's not a good thing. I'd like to begin using better words with her and being more patient; I've said some damaging things that I'm not proud of. I'd like to begin taking the high road instead of spewing out hurtful words when she's made me hurt and angry. I'm the adult and she's the child and the things I say now can affect her for a long time to come.
4. I'd like to begin a search for a spiritual home. This has been really important to me for a long time. Yet, week after week, I never find myself committed to visiting churches.
5. I'd like to begin the process of being more proactive with the court system regarding my ex. He's gotten away with quite a bit and I haven't challenged him at all (I'm a people pleaser afterall). It no longer matters to me if we're "friends"; this is about the business of raising the kids. Period.
6. I'd like to begin volunteering at the Children's Hospital. This is something I've wanted to do for years. While I'm working on my job hunt, I'd also like to be giving something of myself in this way. One day. Two days per week. It really doesn't matter. I just want to serve others.
7. Finally, I'd like to begin pursuing some business ideas for certain areas of my art. I've been dragging my feet forever. My ideas could turn in to a new path.
PS: Don't forget to visit my meatless blog over here for a chance to win a funky vintage apron!