Sunday, September 20, 2009

A few lovely Sunday things...

I've had a really nice weekend and the weather has been beautiful and cool. This morning, Breen ran in the Philadelphia Distance Run:







When we went in to the city yesterday to pick up his race packet, we had breakfast at the Reading Terminal where I also got to load up on my favorite 99 cent produce bags from OK Lee Produce Stand. And speaking of produce and good food, today I took Max to our local Japanese grocery store and came back with a few delicious things. I'm hooked now on the their refrigerated Fried Tofu, which comes in a long thin strip. Perfect for slicing in to thin strips and stirring in to a stir fry!

There are still more delicious finds today. When we got back from the race this morning, our neighbors were having a huge yard sale. I bought a big side table for $5 and a chair for $5. These are PERFECT pieces to re-paint in my own funky style.


Yellow is bright and gorgeous, don't you think?


Check out this interesting "thing" that's growing on my parent's Dogwood tree. I simply had to pull one off and feel it in my hands. It looks sort of like a strawberry and it's soft too.

Finally, I am almost done the base of my old ottoman:


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your weekend was wonderful...great weather for a race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful finds, I can't wait to see what you do with the furniture. I wish I could run, but my ankles are done :( I'm glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool finds I love yard sales!


    Peace and Hugs

    ReplyDelete