Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday

I don't usually post on the weekend but I have lots of free time to myself today. Kendall is with a friend, Max is at my parent's house and Breen is away in New Jersey for the day. It's been a long time since I had a Saturday to myself. There are so many things to do. Where to start?

Go to the gym
Sew (finish up aprons)
Make art
Take a long bike ride
Go to the Farmer's Market
Go to the grocery store
Check out some thrift stores for art finds

I made it through my first week of unemployment. It went quickly; I don't like it very much. My mind races ahead to worrying when I'll find something new and how long will it take. The bottom line is that this is a chance to look daily but also slow down a little and just be present with each day and the possibilities that it can bring. It just feels so challenging right now.

Yesterday, my mother and I totally redecorated Kendall's room and I can't wait until she finally makes it home sometime this weekend to see it. I hope she likes it as much as I do. It's amazing how you can totally change a look by simply moving the furniture around. Check out today's journal page here at the Painted House!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the weekend!

    Ooh, did you take pictures of Kendall's room? Love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had some quality time with your mom and had a peaceful weekend.




    peace and hugs

    ReplyDelete