Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday

Today, I'm feeling a little swamped with my own feelings. I've been home all summer. During this time, I've been looking for work but admittedly I need to really step up the search. I've been really enjoying this time home. It's the first time in 13 years that I've been around for and with the kids. As much as I've enjoyed this break from working, I also desire to get back to some sort of work routine. Even the kids are ready to get back to a routine. Breen and I have goals and me being home does not serve us well if we actually want to achieve some of these goals. I love my creativity but I don't have a vision of it actually generating income any time soon. Etsy is one small avenue to sell, but even that is slow, slow, slow! Breen asked me this morning how my job search is going. It's the first time he's asked me in a long time. He is so loving and supportive but I know it weighs on his mind even when he doesn't ask. It made me realize that I need to get my ass in gear in such a bigger way. I owe it to him, myself and our marriage to step up to the plate. I never want to take any of my blessings for granted. Every day is a gift and I think at the end of each one, we have to ask ourselves what, if anything, we contributed or achieved.

I've finished a custom order apron for an artist who is opening her own studio/store front. I definitely had fun with this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment