Monday, August 10, 2009

Heat

It's Monday and I'm really trying to get myself back in to the routine of things. It's so damn hot though (98 degrees, 100% humidity and no central air). I'm quite miserable and I hate feeling this way. Ever since I was pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago, I haven't done well with high heat and humidity. To add to this, two more things:

1. we ate like crazy on vacation and I feel heavier than ever. Today especially, I feel like a fat slug. I can't even venture to the gym in this heat wave.

2. Breen and I picked up chest colds since we've been home. SO....I feel feverish on top of the 98 degree heat....lovely.

Today, I took the kids over to my ex in law's house to swim, which is where I also lived for over 10 years in a carriage house on the property (even after my ex and I had divorced). Unfortunately, I did not move out of there on good terms with them. I knew as soon as I pulled up that I didn't feel good being there. Even though they were not home, the energy was horrible and I couldn't wait to leave. On the way home, I stopped at the store to get a shower liner. I ran in to my old neighbor that lived next door to my ex in-laws. I had not seen her in a few years. I had flashbacks of my old life and the whole drive home, I realized how ready I am to move on to wherever it is that we are supposed to live next. I'm ready to make new directions for myself. I'm ready to go with my husband to wherever we are lead to. I used to hate change; now I am welcoming it.

2 comments:

  1. First, I am glad that you are back from your honeymoon and it sounds like you had lots of fun! And second, today I was just telling my husband in the morning that I can sniff the changes that are coming in our lives. When I lived with my mom we moved like gypsies, so I was used to change, now I am more settle so it is harder, but I was telling him I am not going to dread change (and that I kept repeating it to myself many times). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is a good thing and you have a new and glorious life with nothing but wonderful things a
    head for you

    peace and hugs

    ReplyDelete