Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sacred Saturday


Saturday mornings always feel sacred and serene for me.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, came downstairs, made coffee and headed out to my front porch with my new journal and Kendall's laptop. Breen is still sleeping; he loves to sleep in. Sometimes, I wish I had it in me to sleep past 7am but I'm just not wired that way. Besides, for me, the early Saturday morning hours are a time to breathe deeply and savor all the early hours before the rest of the world gets moving. I noticed something this morning. As I sat here on my porch, I noticed a neighbor sitting out on his porch two doors down. It hit me that we live on a street with tons of houses and neighbors and yet most of us barely acknowledge each other. We live in a small town that is supposed to be prized for its "small town feel". For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of living on a street in a small community where everyone knows and interacts with each other. A place where you might throw together a last minute barbecue or run over and have coffee together. I am a people person. I crave human connections. It seems to me that there is no better time in our history to reach out to each other and make gunuine connections. It hits me that this is a "must have" for my next job: people connections. I know there is a small community like the one in my dreams and I can't wait for us to meet with each other.

On the job end, I'm still teetering between dread and hope. It has to stop. I am blessed beyond belief with this life of mine. I will find a new job and it will be the right one for me with great pay, good hours and awesome people to work for and with. It's out there. And while I'm searching, I remind myself that I am a confident creator of happy art. I will continue to take the time to create art, get it out there and share the happy vibes it brings.
Today, I am grateful for:
1. My husband (thank God he puts up with me!)


2. My parents (they make my son feel so loved and accepted)


3. These Saturday morning hours


4. The roof over our heads


5. The food on our table


6. The presence of God in our lives




Today, I am looking forward to:

1. Finishing our wedding quilt


2. Sending Happy Creations out in to the Universe


3. The slow unveiling of my path


4. Seeing Breen's face when he wakes up and comes downstairs


5. Seeing my family for Mother's Day

1 comment:

  1. I love your post I wish you all those things
    I too love the quiet early morning hours of a Saturday!


    peace and hugs

    ReplyDelete