Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It feels like I've abandoned my blogging lately. I'm still here in spirit but I think I've just needed more time spent with only me. I've got some time now to get quiet, less distracted and more tuned in to the messages from the Universe. I've had some bad days (poor husband for putting up with me) and I'm finding myself now in much better places with myself. I'm still creating as I continue the job search. I've started a file with clippings of art and craft that inspires me. Last weekend, I took a workshop for this and I'm letting my brain run full speed ahead with the myriad of opportunities for designs:

I'm also finishing and starting new hand painted furniture pieces and also finishing up some aprons for Etsy.

I've been cooking less and walking more. In the midst of my meatless food blog, I realized that I was packing on a few pounds with all the things that were constantly being tested in my kitchen.

I've been reading like crazy. For some reason, I'm really craving words right now. Any and all kinds of books will due. I've got tall stacks from the library strategically placed around the house.

I'm finishing up my last meditation class this week, which I will truly miss.

I've reconnected with an old book that finally was returned to me: Organizing from the inside out by Julie Morgenstern. A fabulous book if, like me, you're forever trying new ways to get on top of the house. I'm taking one room at a time and breaking it down in to small cleaning projects. This morning, I tackled one little storage cabinet and one counter top in my kitchen. Throughout the remainder of the week, I'll continue with one or two cabinets each day until the kitchen is finished.

I'm simply allowing myself the time to explore, rest, search and listen. And that feels good.

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you...but I completely understand. Sometimes we need to be alone with our thoughts and excavating our insides can be quite a job. Perhaps decluttering and organizing your space will help with your souls searching as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great necklace. I feel like I have abandoned blogging too, although I often miss the community shared here. Still, the posts remain locked in my head... Sounds like a certain 'clearing' taking place both in you home, your body and in your mind... Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. surrender is where it's at. totally.
    now you've let go, so you can let it in.
    beautiful! i am excited to see what's next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take all the time you need



    Peace and Hugs

    ReplyDelete